Sunday, November 23, 2014

Birthday celebrations


For my birthday this year, my nanny family gave me a $100 gift card to Fleming's and I was shocked. I couldn't believe they did something so wonderful! Then came a beautiful Joules dress, 13 Scratch cupcakes, and lots of birthday hugs. They were all such excellent gifts and I definitely cried a good amount of tears. Zach and I had planned on going to Fleming's a few weeks ago but we decided to save it so we could celebrate both of our birthdays. Then Zach got food poisoning, things got busy, and we rescheduled the date night. After a few weeks of that gift card burning a hole in my wallet, we finally got to experience Fleming's last night. Neither of us had ever been so it was a nice thing to check off our "firsts together" list. We made reservations and arrived promptly at 7:15 pm. We were seated and very well taken care of. We looked at the menu for a while then Zach decided he wanted to try a martini. The waiter brought his martini and prepared it for him at the table. Shortly after, we placed our orders. I got the petite filet mignon, Zach got the main filet mignon, and we split a side of asparagus. I had never a filet before so I was excited to try it out. Let me tell you what, it was fabulous. I highly recommend it! After we finished our dinner, we were getting ready to pay and the waiter knew we were celebrating our birthdays. He gave us each a $25 gift card and 4 chocolate truffles. If that isn't wonderful customer service, I don't know what is. If we ever celebrate a big life event, I would definitely choose Fleming's again. After dinner we decided to walk around the pond at Jordan Creek (the weather was so perfect last night), we went to Scheel's quickly before they closed then stopped by Hy-Vee to grab a bottle of wine. All-in-all it was a wonderful night and I'm so glad we finally got to celebrate our birthdays in style. :)

Plus - how handsome does Zach look in our picture above? It may be my new favorite picture ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment