Thursday, January 8, 2015

My superhero, my best friend, my mom.

In lieu of my Mom's birthday today, it seems like a good idea to write a post about her. As some of you may know, my Mom raised all four of us kids by herself. I would say that in and of itself is a feat not accomplished by many. Four kids, by yourself? I can't imagine raising one by myself. This is why she is a superhero. My superhero.

Along with raising four kids by herself, she also went to school, worked full time and had a social life. Things were different for my brother, sisters, and I compared to everyone else. Everyone else had their Dad to coach them in basketball, their Dad to teach them about sports, their Dad to be the "discipliner" and their Dad to spoil them. We did not. But that didn't matter to us because we had someone who loved us more than we could ever imagine. My Mom did everything for us. She gave up her bed to let us all sleep with her, (And yes, all 5 of us did sleep in my Mom's waterbed for a long time. Waterbed.) spoiled us rotten on our birthdays, Christmas, and every other day just because she loved us so much.

Sometimes I wonder how different things would be if our Dad was in the picture, but then I remember we wouldn't have experienced half of the things we did if he was in our lives.

All in all, I'm trying to say that my Mom is the greatest woman in all of time and she deserves the world for her birthday. The gifts that I gave her will never show my appreciation for all she has done for my brother, sisters, and I.

I love you, Mom. No one deserves to have a better day than you.


No comments:

Post a Comment