Thursday, June 26, 2014

a rush of blood to the head




Today was kind of an odd one. Long story short, I was looking at getting a new car as mine overheats and just isn't what I thought it was going to be when I bought it. (I got screwed over a little bit when I purchased my car in September.) The girls were such good sports about driving all over in the new car to test drive it/have a mechanic look at it. While the mechanic looked at the new car, the girls and I got to squeeze in some reading time at the Story City Library. We read a few good books then Briel read to us. She's getting so good! In the end, I didn't get the car. It needed more repairs than I thought and they weren't looking to budge on the price. Oh well, life goes on. I know I will find something.

After my semi-stressful day, Zach invited me over to have dinner with him. He was very compassionate and thoughtful because he knew I had a pretty tough day. We watched World War Z (which is becoming one of my favorite movies, so good!), made Panang Chicken, and played Scrabble with his brother, Jon. After all of that, Jon suggested we go to the tennis courts and play. If you know me at all, you will know that I am not the most athletic person in the world, but I was still willing to give it a try. I watched the boys for a while then I jumped in. For my first time I wasn't awful, but I still have a lot to work on. I even had the courage to bet Zach that I would serve it over the net and it would be a good one. Up goes the ball, across comes the racquet, they meet and soar over the net. Jon yells, "Good serve!" Looks like someone owes me dinner! :)

All in all, it was a good day. It had it's highs and lows, but maybe this was an unanswered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment