Friday, June 27, 2014

every teardrop is a waterfall

On this day 4 years ago, I lost my Grandpa Dick. I know that losing grandparents is becoming more and more common with people my age, seeing as we are growing up and they are growing older. I never thought I would lose him at such a young age. We had time to come to terms that he wasn't doing so well when he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease. It is really sad to have to watch someone so close to you struggle with this but I know God had bigger plans for him and didn't want to see him in pain anymore. My grandpa was always there for me when I needed him. I would go on family vacations with him, stay at his house on the weekends, watch Cardinals games with him, go to the Adobe to get pizza and just sit and chat with him. I always thought growing up he would walk me down the aisle on my wedding day and someday I will find a way to have him do that. I miss him so much and in the 4 years that he's been gone, I still drive past his house & just envision him sitting in his big blue rocking chair. I wish he was still here with us. But I have the best guardian angel there is! I can't wait to see him on the other side and give him a big running hug. Love you, Bampa. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment