Thursday, May 21, 2015

Girls, if you're going to settle, settle for more.

Hi guys, sorry it's been so long since my last post. My computer charger died again so I've been waiting for a new one to come in the mail. Anyways, here we go with a new blog post!

Growing up with a single parent, I've always wondered what true love looked like. I watched a lot of romantic movies and watched couples fall in love on screen, but never anything in real life. All throughout high school I was on a "mission" to find my high school sweetheart and failed miserably. I "dated" a few boys in high school but it was never anything serious because I wasn't willing to settle. I wanted that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, World Series kind of stuff. Hey, a girl's got to have her standards, right? Well guess what folks. I have found that feeling with Zach. I can't imagine my life without him and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve someone so out of this world, but I am SO thankful for him. He gives me butterflies EVERY time I see him and I get just as excited to see him as our first date. I never thought I would find this feeling, but it is here and I can feel it deep in my soul. But this is not the reason for my blog post..

I don't understand why people settle. Be patient, God will provide.

As of late, I have noticed more people getting into relationships, getting engaged, and getting married. I am so happy for each of them but I just want them to know that they don't have to settle. In today's society, people are dating because it's convenient and they don't want to be alone. I totally know the feeling but I want to have that blown away, swept off my feet, head over heels feeling with someone. I want to meet the one who makes it hard for me to breathe. I want to be lost in love. I'm willing to wait, but I'm not willing to settle. Girls just think that they can date until someone better comes along. Which is true, but you're hurting more than yourself in that situation. I know it's hard, but good things come to those who wait.

Another thing that girls seem to be doing more of, is being in relationships where they are putting all of the effort into it and not getting much in return. Don't make things work, let them work. If you don't aim for the best, don't be surprised when you get less than you feel you deserve. If you constantly have to question his intentions and feelings, MOVE ON. Someone else would die for the opportunity to give you the world. If he's worth it, you shouldn't be chasing him. He should be chasing you. Girls, you should never chase a man, you're worth being pursued. I could go on and on here, but the bottom line is - eventually one of two things will happen: he will realize you're worth it, or you'll realize that he isn't.

Lastly, a topic that really bothers me is girls who feel like they have to stay in a relationship because they don't know what else to do. If he's cheating on you, there is a reason he's cheating. If he's sharing his emotions with another girl, there's a reason for that. Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary. You are worth your weight in gold. If you think your boyfriend is cheating on you, always, always trust your first gut instincts. If you genuinely feel in your heart and soul that something is wrong, it usually is. If you know he's cheating on you, why stay in a relationship where he has a physical connection with someone else? I know it can be hard to get out, but in the long run, it's definitely worth it. Don't tie your heart to a person that has nothing left to offer you. Like Elsa says in Frozen, let it go. It might hurt for a while, but when you get over it, you'll see that it's better. Never settle for having feelings for a feeling. The right person will make the wait worth it. If you don't feel it, you don't feel it. Simple as that.

Me? I'm refusing to settle until I find a man who gives me butterflies with just a look and I can't imagine going a day without kissing. And I have found him. It has been a long and lonely road, but he has made the ride worth the wait.

You should be with a man..

1. Who promises to make you laugh, even when you don't want to.

2. Who tells you how proud of you he is every day.

3. Who puts your happiness on the same level as his. If not higher.

4. Who uses positive, kind words when describing your relationship.

5. Who uses "when" not "if" when talking about his future and where you fit in.

6. Who does things out of his comfort zone (sometimes) just to prove to you that he loves you.

Well, this post was much more lengthy than I thought it was going to be but now it's out there. I hope every single one of you women find the man of your dreams and never settle for anything less than your best. He is out there! Sometimes you have to be patient, but the wait is worth it!!

Enjoy your Thursday all.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment