Friday, July 11, 2014

sparks




Now that the cat is FINALLY out of the bag, I can tell everyone. Two of my best friends are now ENGAGED!! I can't believe it. A little over a year ago, Nate came to me and told me to set him up with someone that I thought would be good for him. Without hesitation, I told him to ask Missy on a date. We have all known each other for years so what would it hurt? I think he was scared of her saying no so he kept saying "should I really? Really? Okay, what's her number?" and that was that. A year ago today they went on their first date. I remember talking to Missy on the phone before hand and telling her it was going to be fine! She told me that Zach and I should "casually stop by" in case the date isn't going well. So right on cue, we ventured to Olde Main to make sure everything was going well. We ended up sitting and chatting for a bit then we were on our way. Things seemed to be going good and the rest is just history. We went on a fair share of double dates between Des Moines, Center Grove, sushi a few times, and bonfires at Missy's. I knew after a few months that they were perfect for one another, they very much balance one another out. A few weeks ago, I went to Nate's to look at his new apartment and while I was there, he showed me the ring. I was taken aback by it, it was absolutely gorgeous! He then told me the details of his "engagement idea" and I was on board. He was to take her to the Ledges in Boone for family pictures then while taking them, he was going to hand Brayden (her 1 1/2 year old son) a banner that said "Will you marry Nate? Love, Brayden. 7-10-14" and I instantly fell in love with the idea. Last night was the party and right before they got there, Aleesha and I received a snapchat from Miss that said "so, I'm engaged!" with her bawling and showing off the ring. About 10 minutes later, her and Nate pulled up to his parents house where everyone was anxiously waiting for them. Nate's mom, Kelly, had really outdone herself with all of the decorations and delicious food. (She is the best art teacher around.) We all congratulated the happy couple, took pictures, a few tears were shed, and then we had a toast. :)  I am so incredibly happy for my best friends and can't wait to help them wedding plan. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment