Tuesday, July 1, 2014

don't panic


as some of you may know, in september I purchased a 2006 equinox. walking onto the car lot, I had no idea what to expect seeing as I have never purchased a car from a dealership before. I knew what kind of car I wanted but I knew I probably couldn't afford it. so I settled with a used SUV. at first, i absolutely loved it. it had so much space, it was the nicest car I had ever owned, it had air conditioning, and Penny could fit in it. I was on the equinox high for a few months then I got a flat tire and I had to replace all four tires at the same time. hello $550 dollars I didn't think I would have to come up with so quickly! after that, my car basically started falling apart. I would get stuck on the side of the road because it was overheating, my air conditioner/heat would go out on the worst days, the alignment was off, my antenna was falling out (crazy, I know) and it was slowly becoming what I like to refer to it as. The death trap. I didn't want to have to find another vehicle, but I knew I had no choice. I went back to the dealership where I bought the equinox and tried a few different kinds. Through all of the ups and downs, I finally found my new car! Meet Shiva. Now, I am totally one of those people who judges other people when they name their cars, it's just weird. But Zach thought Shiva would be a perfect name for my 2010 Toyota Corolla! It is just perfect. I am glad I had to go through the crappy time with the death trap to finally get this nice car that I love. And how can you go wrong with 34 mpg on the highway?! 

1 comment: